Hot Chocolate-Stout Float
My Wife's Heaven
Better Homes and Gardens just took a step up in my book. My wife stumbled across this recipe in the February 2012 Issue.
- Easy Fudge Sauce (see below heat)
- Chocolate stout beer or stout beer
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Heat fudge sauce and 1/4 cup of beer until warm and combined.
- Place two scoops of ice cream in glass and spoon two tbsp of warm fudge sauce over ice cream and pour some remaining beer over the top.
Easy Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of milk or half-and-half
- 2 tsp vanilla or instant coffee crystals or espresso powder
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar and cocoa powder, set aside
- In heavy saucepan melt butter with milk. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, just until the mixture bubbles around the edge of the pan. Add sugar/cocoa mixture. Cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla or coffee crystals and serve.
Light a fire on a rainy day, relax and enjoy.