Tutorial: How to Set-Up Your Artwork
A STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL ON SETTING UP YOUR ARTWORK FOR THE GROGTAG SYSTEM
- DOWNLOAD THE TEMPLATE FOR THE PRODUCT YOU ARE CREATING. The guides are png files loaded with instructions to make sure you set up your artwork at the right size. To Download a guide, simply drag it to your desktop.
- OPEN THE FILE in the program you are using to layout your item. If you don’t know how to use an image editing program like photoshop, we suggest you use one of our predesigned templates.
- IF YOU WANT COLOR TO ‘BLEED’ OFF THE EDGE OF THE FINISHED LABEL, your image should reach the very outer edge of the guide.
- KEEP IMPORTANT ARTWORK INSIDE THE TRIM ZONE In the guide there is a dotted line. Anything outside this dotted may get trimmed off.
- REMOVE GUIDE delete the downloaded template because as cool as it is, your label will look better without it.
- BE HIGH RESOLUTION Our templates are set up at 300dpi. Don’t know what this means? Don’t worry — build your art on our guide and you will be okay. If an image you paste onto the guide looks pixelated on screen (jagged edges or ‘mushy’) it will look pixelated when it prints. Make sure you do not resize or stretch our guide in any way.
- UPLOAD into the correct UPLOAD YOUR OWN blank design. If you did everything correctly, you shouldn’t have to adjust the crop.
- Do a final check, order your labels and prepare for the compliments.